sptsman
(member)
11/20/17 04:10 PM
Duck Hunting ... so far

Best start to a duck season for us that I can recall. Lots of ducks to start the season, a few more have come in. Weather has been mostly good for hunting... All good so far...

We have been seeing a few pairs of Sandhill Cranes flying over the last week. Staying pretty high, so we haven't been able to shoot 'em yet...

That is all ... Carry on!!

wuchangAdministrator
(spiritual advisor and gatekeeper to the Spirit World)
11/20/17 10:34 PM
Re: Duck Hunting ... so far

near St Paul??

Deadeye
(member)
11/20/17 11:03 PM

River sucked today.
Bill,we have been seeing alot of swans.

wuchangAdministrator
11/21/17 03:49 AM

Quote:

Deadeye said:
River sucked today.
Bill,we have been seeing alot of swans.

I haven't ran into anyone that is covered up with ducks and most report a slow season--even with the big front last weekend

Wingman's kid got his buck off the back 15 acres where we haven't flooded yet

Supposed to be 600 Trumpeters at Riverlands

Maybe someday we will figure it out

griffinAdministrator
(administrator)
11/21/17 11:49 AM

I think I may finally kill a duck this year. So far I don't have any complaints about my chances this season. From what I have seen so far, this could really be the year.

griffin

sptsman
(member)
11/21/17 03:40 PM

Quote:

wuchang said:
near St Paul??

Elsberry/Foley area. We benefit a little from the MDC's commitment to the big dollar guys to keep BK Leach pathetic.

Another 8 this morning. Not seeing tons of mallards yet but plenty around. So far our bags are a mix of maybe 25% -50% mallards, depending on the day, and the rest are gadwallls, wigeons, pintails, a few woodies and some divers.

We're not in the high dollar flooded corn. Just common folks on a rest lake...

Winds picking up midday. Prolly heading back out to see if the afternoon holds any promise. Afternoons have mostly sucked for us lately but the winds and this little front coming in may stir a few up...

I'm having a hard time believing anyone is not seeing plenty of ducks. All of the counts are up and we've been seeing plenty since the opener. Of course many are now getting a little stale and are harder to hunt but there is no shortage of ducks...

wuchangAdministrator
11/21/17 06:36 PM

Andy-- check your PM

BK lost 7K birds according to their latest 'ground count'
They have to be way up on the north end or south of M

Wingman called and said that a HWY B club,that will remain un-named,was doing real well but that is definitely a 'high cotton' dealio

flocked
()
11/22/17 01:31 AM

Quote:

griffin said:
I think I may finally kill a duck this year. So far I don't have any complaints about my chances this season. From what I have seen so far, this could really be the year.

griffin

probably not don't get your hopes up

wuchangAdministrator
11/22/17 11:56 AM

Quote:

flocked said:
Quote:

griffin said:

griffin

probably not don't get your hopes up

Lighten up Flocked....everyone knows that it is sunrises and Cultipackers that get your motor running everyday during the season

sptsman
(member)
12/01/17 04:01 PM

Welp, it has mostly sucked the last week or two. We've managed to scratch out a few here and there but mostly waiting for this front to arrive next week. I will be traveling and come back on Wed. That looks like perfect timing for the next front...

Hope you knuckleheads are getting out and whackin' some of the few ducks flying these days. If not, get out there and draw a pill...

flocked
()
12/01/17 07:41 PM

Quote:

sptsman said:
Welp, it has mostly sucked the last week or two. We've managed to scratch out a few here and there but mostly waiting for this front to arrive next week. I will be traveling and come back on Wed. That looks like perfect timing for the next front...

Hope you knuckleheads are getting out and whackin' some of the few ducks flying these days. If not, get out there and draw a pill...

a pill but killing dam few . next week

griffinAdministrator
(administrator)
12/02/17 04:19 AM

I thought sure this would be the year I killed a duck.

It's over.

griffin

wuchangAdministrator
12/04/17 05:15 PM

Quote:

griffin said:
I thought sure this would be the year I killed a duck.

It's over.

griffin

there has been a full moon all season

H2ODOG
(the one who never tires)
12/06/17 01:28 AM

Damn marsh is gonna freeze in the next day or two. It’s over. Maybe next year is the year we kill a duck.

wuchangAdministrator
12/06/17 02:51 PM

Quote:

H2ODOG said:
Damn marsh is gonna freeze in the next day or two. It’s over. Maybe next year is the year we kill a duck.

Forget the ducks---

Take a page out Nanook's book

Ice Fishing Season will be on like Donkey Kong

Naz
(member)
12/09/17 11:45 AM

Quote:

wuchang said:
Quote:

H2ODOG said:

Forget the ducks---

Take a page out Nanook's book

Ice Fishing Season will be on like Donkey Kong

Ice fishing........ now you’re talking!

wuchangAdministrator
12/10/17 10:43 AM

Correction:
Change Nannook to Naznook

daffy
(member)
12/12/17 01:02 PM

River hunting for ducks is SUPER slow. Marsh half frozen with no big number of ducks in the area, kinda sounds like another slow season. Seen more Pintails and Gadwalls than Mallards so far.

sptsman
(member)
12/18/17 07:34 PM

Quote:

daffy said:
River hunting for ducks is SUPER slow. Marsh half frozen with no big number of ducks in the area, kinda sounds like another slow season. Seen more Pintails and Gadwalls than Mallards so far.

Update for 12/18... It is now slow again

I expect one more good push and we'll end the North Zone with the ice froze hard as a weddin' night pekker (forecast for 12/31 is -1). So, get yer chores done this week and start thinking of how yer going to get out of family Christmas and New Years boolchit. Going to be some decent huntin' whilst the celebrations are going on... This is the stuff divorces are made of boyz. What to do?

flocked
()
12/19/17 01:32 AM

Quote:

sptsman said:
Quote:

daffy said:

Update for 12/18... It is now slow again

I expect one more good push and we'll end the North Zone with the ice froze hard as a weddin' night pekker (forecast for 12/31 is -1). So, get yer chores done this week and start thinking of how yer going to get out of family Christmas and New Years boolchit. Going to be some decent huntin' whilst the celebrations are going on... This is the stuff divorces are made of boyz. What to do?

Contact Us Return to Main Page

UBB.threads™ 6.5